- What does hyperbole mean?
- What does it mean when something doesn’t work?
- What is the definition of not working?
- Is powerlessness an emotion?
- What is another word for does not work?
- What is another word for be able?
- What is the word for ability to learn?
- What is the opposite word of able?
- What means capable?
- Is powerlessness a word?
- What is the difference between inability and disability?
- What is the opposite of powerlessness?
- What is the definition of inability?
- What is it called when two things work together?
- What is an example of powerlessness?
- What is another word for inability?
- How do you express inability?
What does hyperbole mean?
extravagant exaggeration: extravagant exaggeration (such as “mile-high ice-cream cones”).
What does it mean when something doesn’t work?
“It doesn’t work” means that something is permanently broken, or is never effective. Here are some example situations: Your television is broken. A friend comes to visit and tries to turn it on.
What is the definition of not working?
a : not employed : not having a paying job Of nonworking mothers who have preschool children, more than a quarter say they would seek paying jobs if reasonably priced child care were available.— Joshua Mendes. b : not of, relating to, or involving work nonworking hours/days a nonworking trip.
Is powerlessness an emotion?
 This feeling of powerlessness is the product of a mixture of repressed emotions, of fear, anger, sadness and event disgust, neutralised by shame or fear etc. This feeling often has its roots in childhood when the subject was curbed in their emotional dynamics but the parental reactions and injunctions.
What is another word for does not work?
“Larry is currently not working but is actively looking for a job.”…What is another word for not working?bustedinoperativenon-functionalnon-functioningout of orderbroken downbroken-downout of actionacting updone for158 more rows
What is another word for be able?
What is another word for able?capableclevermasterlyqualifiedskilledaccomplishedgiftedtalentedcompetenteffective229 more rows
What is the word for ability to learn?
adeptness, aptitude, capability, capacity, competence, competency, craft, dexterity, endowment, energy, expertise, expertness, facility, faculty, flair, force, gift, knack, know-how (informal) potentiality, power, proficiency, qualification, skill, talent. Antonyms.
What is the opposite word of able?
What is the opposite of able?unableunfitinexpertnot ablenot equippedincapable oflacking the abilitynot capable ofunskillfuluntrained66 more rows
What means capable?
able to doEnglish Language Learners Definition of capable : able to do something : having the qualities or abilities that are needed to do something. : skilled at doing something : able to do something well. See the full definition for capable in the English Language Learners Dictionary. capable.
Is powerlessness a word?
1. Lack of ability or capacity: inability, incapability, incapacity, incompetence, incompetency.
What is the difference between inability and disability?
What’s the difference between disability and inability? “Inability” means you can’t do something because you don’t have the skills or knowledge to do something, “disability” means you are not able to do something because of a physical or mental problem.
What is the opposite of powerlessness?
▲ Opposite of the state or quality of being weak or feeble. soundness. strength. ability.
What is the definition of inability?
: lack of sufficient power, resources, or capacity his inability to do math.
What is it called when two things work together?
When you work together on shared goal, you collaborate. If you don’t just split a project up evenly but work together on creating solutions, you collaborate. Collaboration is when you brainstorm, create, and share possible solutions. …
What is an example of powerlessness?
For example, people may feel powerlessness when considering persistent problems facing society that are not currently solvable, such as widespread violence and war or a cure for AIDS or cancer.
What is another word for inability?
SYNONYMS FOR inability incapability, incapacity, impotence, incompetence.
How do you express inability?
8. Expressing ability and inabilityWe can use can (or to be able to) to describe natural or learned ability. … We can use could, couldn’t, was/were able to when we describe ‘general ability in the past’. … We use was/were able to or managed to (not could) to describe the successful completion of a specific action:More items…