Quick Answer: How Do You Tell If Your House Is Making You Sick?

How do you know if your house is toxic?

Key Signs Your House May Have Toxic MoldDormant allergies or allergic reactions.Aggravated asthma or other lung problems.Discolored walls.Stains.Black spots.An increase in negative health symptoms such as a fever or feeling itchy; usually these problems are associated with an increased consumption of medications such antihistamines..

Is the air quality in my house making me sick?

Illnesses you attribute to other causes may be originating in your everyday environment — your house could be making you sick. It’s known as “sick-building syndrome” or “building-associated illness,” depending on the exposure. Lead paint, pesticides, gases, mites and mold are among the culprits.

Why do I feel sick when I leave the house?

The Thought Of Social Interaction When We Leave The House Many of us struggle with social situations; some to the point of living with social anxiety. The thought of having to speak to others can leave us feeling nauseous, shaking, going clammy and stuttering.

Can a dusty house make you sick?

Some people joke that they’re allergic to house cleaning. But in all seriousness, allowing dust and mold to accumulate in your home can be harmful to your health. Endotoxins shed by household dust and mold spores can cause serious allergic responses, including asthma.

How do you know if mold is making you sick?

Spahr. Symptoms of mold exposure may include headache, sore throat, runny nose, coughing, sneezing, watery eyes and fatigue. In those with asthma, asthma attacks can occur. In those with impaired immune systems, serious infection can occur.

How do I test my house for mold?

To test for mold and mildew and how to tell if your house has mold, simply dab a few drops of household bleach on the blackened area. If it lightens after one to two minutes, you have mildew. If the area remains dark, you probably have dirt.